- 0 (Registered)
Starting a new career and starting a business may be stressful. For many aspiring mediators, it is important that prior to starting a career or business in this field that you get the proper training on what is required. You will need a solid plan for your path into this new career. This course introduces foundational ideas and terms in mediation, with attention to developing students’ understanding of cultivating a business in a diverse, global environment; leading and collaborating in a competitive world; developing a mediator’s mind for an entrepreneurial world; and industry dynamics of technological innovation.
The course objectives are to introduce foundational ideas and terms in mediation, with attention to developing students understanding of how to:
- Define mediation/co-mediation and its usefulness as a problem-solving technique
- Assess sources of conflict and select a conflict management style appropriate for resolution of conflict
- Use essential mediation skills of listening, speaking, and inventing options
- Initiate appropriate responses in common mediation scenarios, by dealing with issues of feelings, anger, power, and impasse
- List the steps of the mediation process
- Draft a written settlement agreement
- Relate issues of ethical principles to the mediation process.
- Learn about ethics in the field, opportunities in mediation and arbitration, and how to start building a practice as a mediator
Curriculum is empty
Browse by Category
1 Day CoursesLeadership: from the Ground Up Mediation and Conflict Resolution FOREX Trading Introduction to Grant Writing How to Communicate with Tact, Professionalism and Diplomacy
5 Days CoursesIntroduction to Entrepreneurship How to Become a Mediator The Millionaire Mindset Leadership: Organization Skills for the Overwhelmed!
- 5 Days (30 Hours)
- Non-Credited Certification Course
- 3 Months access to videos
- Access to Free Resources
- Certificate of Completion